Vacancy Re-Announcement for the position of:
Program Coordinator – Democratization, Peace and Security Policies
(Vacancy number: BC201503)
(Applicants for the earlier announcement of this position do NOT need to re-apply.)
The Heinrich Böll Stiftung, is a German foundation and part of the Green political movement that has developed worldwide as a response to the traditional politics of socialism, liberalism, and conservatism. Our main tenets are ecology and sustainable development, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice. We place particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and men. We are committed to equal rights for cultural and ethnic minorities and promote non-violence and proactive peace policies.
For its office in Islamabad, the Heinrich Böll Stiftung is seeking to fill the position of a Program Coordinator to work on Democratization, Peace and Security Policies. We do offer an interesting working environment with room for creative engagement and a competitive package, based on background qualifications of the candidate.
Tasks and Responsibilities for the position:
Under the guidance of the Office Director, the Program Coordinator will:
- Develop and coordinate hbs work on Democratization, Peace and Security Policies
- Manage cooperation projects with individual actors, partner organizations and regional networking activities,
- Identify new projects, partner organizations and networks in Pakistan and the region,
- Plan and organize conferences, workshops, seminars, visiting programs and other activities,
- Administer the program work of hbs, review proposals, prepare budgets, and monitor program implementation and expenditure with relation to the working area,
- Provide up to date reports and analysis about political, social, and cultural developments in Pakistan and the region with relation to the working area,
- Follow the hbs principles of gender democracy and diversity with relation to the working area.
Profile of applicant:
- Advanced university degree in social or political sciences with a focus on good governance, gender, human rights, peace and conflict studies or related subjects,
- Five years of work experience in the field of women’s rights, women’s participation in democratic and peace processes, peace building, human rights, rights of minorities, and pluralistic democratic values,
- Experience in program management, planning, implementation and evaluation,
- Proven familiarity with developments in Pakistan and in the region, related to the working area,
- Working experience with national and international civil society organizations in Pakistan
- Sharing of green political values and concepts,
- Familiarity with gender policies and approaches,
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team,
- Excellent communication skills within an intercultural environment. Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu required. Knowledge of German is an asset,
- Good knowledge of standard office software,
- Ability to travel nationally as well as in the region.
Please send a motivation letter and a detailed CV mentioning vacancy number BC 201503 to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: October 13th, 2015. Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. Applicants for the earlier announcement of the position (BC201502) do NOT need to reapply. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted for interviews!