Vacancy Announcement for the position of:
Public Relations and Communications Manager
(Vacancy number: PR201802)
The Heinrich Böll Stiftung, is a German foundation and part of the Green political movement that has developed worldwide as a response to the traditional politics of socialism, liberalism, and conservatism. Our main tenets are ecology and sustainable development, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice. We place particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and men. We are committed to equal rights for cultural and ethnic minorities and promote non-violence and proactive peace policies.
For its office in Islamabad, the Heinrich Böll Stiftung is seeking to fill the position of a Public Relations and Communications Manager. We do offer an interesting working environment with room for creative engagement and a competitive package, based on background qualifications of the candidate.
Tasks and Responsibilities for the position:
Under the guidance of the Office Director, the PR & Communications Manager will:
- Support the coordination of hbs program work through initiating public outreach, media relations and managing of hbs events, hbs website and social media appearance;
- Develop and continuously update a public relation strategy for hbs Pakistan, including outreach and advocacy, publications and other printing material;
- Plan, organize and supervise logistic arrangements and facilitate hbs conferences, workshops, seminars, visiting programs, or other activities;
- Support administration of program work in relation to networking, contact management, documentation and reporting;
- Follow the hbs principles of gender democracy and diversity within the working area
Profile of applicant:
- University degree in social or political sciences with a focus on good governance, journalism, or media or in related thematic areas
- Three years of relevant work experience and proven familiarity with developments in Pakistan related to the working area of hbs and in regard to public relations, advocacy, event management, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of software for website editing (e.g. DRUPAL), social media management (facebook/ Twitter) and internet
- Excellent journalistic writing skills
- Working experience in/with national/international civil society organizations in Pakistan
- Sharing of green political values and concepts
- Familiarity with gender policies and approaches
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of German is an asset.
- Ability to travel nationally as well as in the region
Please send a motivation letter and a detailed CV mentioning vacancy number PR201802 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received by February 10th, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only candidates who are under consideration will be contacted.